1442 berths Max Length 30 m Max Draught 4.5 m
Port Ginesta S.A. 08860 Les Botigues de Sitges
41° 15′ 32.11”N, 1° 55′ 30.38E”
+34 93 664 36 61
Click HERE for more information on their facilities for Multihulls.
Click HERE for their rates.
Port Ginesta is the home port of Gecko, our Nautitech 40 Open, and it is situated 25 km south-west of Barcelona and 15km from Barcelona airport near Garraf Natural Park of the Garraf Massif. They are developing this marina into a multihull specialist.
The closest town is Castelldefels, and it sits near the beach (Platja de Castelldefels) where you’ll find plenty of restaurants, hotels and apartments.
There are some great restaurants in the port too, like Santos, El Capita, La Taberna de Port Ginesta, Frankfurt Dima’s and more.
On the western side of the port, there is a beach where you’ll spot surfers in the winter months (on moderate sized Med waves, it has to be said) and you can hike up to Garraf Park from the end of the marina.
Recommended Service Providers
There is plenty of choice when it comes to nautical services in Port Ginesta, with several ship chandliers and numerous companies offering maintenance, repair, cleaning services, etc. Not all of them are good of course, but we would recommend the following:
General Maintenance, Repair, Refit
We recommend Aurum Yachts: very friendly and efficient.
Pros and Cons
- Close to Barcelona
- Good choice of restaurants
- Big, so you are likely to find a berth
- They are focusing on the catamaran market
- The dry dock is extensive and they have 2 lifts, one specifically for catamarans
- It’s a commercial port, so there is no friendly community feel. It feels like they are focused heavily on the commercial side.
- Although its still cheaper than, say, the Costa Brava, the prices seem to be going up quickly.
- They are not strong on the basics (water supply can be intermittent, basic shower blocks, broken gate locks and so on).
- The port is a long way from any supermarkets (Sorli Discau is the closest). There is a store in the port for essentials though.
- 6,500 m2 of boatyard space
- 1,500 m2 covered workshop
- 200 m2 paint shop
- 75 ton lifting cranE
- 45 Ton Amphibious Hydraulic Cart
- Up to 12 m beam (eg for catamarans)
- 6 ton derrick boom with hook height of 12.5 meters
- 1 ton derrick boom
- 8 ton hydraulic trolley
- forklifts of 7 and 3 ton capacity.